A Whirldwind of a week so far…

I haven’t posted in a couple of days because work and my work-outs have kept me super busy!  Although Monday didn’t get off to a great start training-wise….  I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a bus due to getting awful sleep the night before, and also managed to sleep through my alarm, which meant my 8 miler wasn’t happening.  I thought I might try to fit it in after work, but after doing the math I realized it was pretty dumb to think I could just add it to this week’s mileage, which would bring it to a total of 44 miles, when my previous week’s was 31.  Jumping up 13 miles in one week is a great way to bring on an injury, so I decided against it and chalked it up to thinking my legs would just be that much fresher for the 36 miles planned this week.

When I got home I had a non-exciting dinner of left-overs, took my vitamins (which I started taking on Saturday) and went to bed at 8p, so I guess I really was tired.  I got up early on Tuesday feeling much better but had to get to work early so I didn’t have enough time to get my planned swim in (if only the gym I’m temporarily using opened at 5a), but after work, off I went for my first swim at the new gym.  The place was huge.  Much newer looking then the Y and the pool was awesome! 7 lanes!  The swim was pretty uneventful, swam 2400 yards as planned, and on my way home stopped by Straub’s to get some chicken salad for dinner.   Their chicken salad is awesome, but in small doses, unlike Whole Food’s chicken salad, they really lay the mayo on.

Work was another busy day and it will be that way until my clinic goes live, which is good, I like being busy, but it’s getting stressful!  When I got home I hopped on my bike for a 20 mile ride, and 5 miles in I realized my seat was crooked.  Argh.  I stopped and got off and tried to turn it with my hands, but it wouldn’t budge.  I figured I’d finish the ride and mess with it after.  I could really feel the seat though, I had a weird small twinge in my left knee that wasn’t there during my last right and was pretty sure it was because of the seat.  Once I got home, I was able to unscrew the seat a bit to loosen it and straighten it.  I took a quick ride around the neighborhood and that did the trick!  Hooray!

After the ride I put on my running shoes and took off for a 4.5 mile run.  I’m glad that next week is the last long week ride because it is really getting darker earlier!  two miles into the run it was DARK.  I feel that I live in a fairly safe area, but I don’t feel safe running in the dark as there were some parts that I was running that didn’t have any streetlights.  Next time if I start my run late, I’m going to have to head to the gym to get the run in.

So, not so much excitement to report, but JMR and I are headed to his friend’s wedding this weekend, so perhaps there will be some exciting stories to report.  This is his first time being a best-man in a wedding, so he is super duper nervous, but I’m sure he’ll do a  great job.

Off to bed!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s